question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 4 9 9

Historical RIC with different root

I am trying to download the historical data of the Dow Jones futures on CBOT. The RIC is 1YM. However the root ric changed in the past and it was YM (without the '1') before JUN 2014. How can I find this old root RIC by using the Datascope server and the Instruments List menu ? For the example of 1YM, I knew the answer but I am unable to find the RIC of - the Future Nikkei on CME in $ before 2015 - the VIX on CBOE before 2012 I would appreciate not using the API (something I do for retrieving data) just for finding a chain of RIC. May I have some help please ?

tick-history-rest-apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

I have used Futures & Options Search with Underlying RIC, Exchange, and Expiration Date. For example, the Underlying RIC and Expiration Data of 1NKH9 are .N225 and 03/08/2019 respectively.

Then, I used this search.

The results contain both 1NKH9 and NKH9.

You can use the Terms and Conditions report template to find Underlying RIC and Expiration Date of items.

For more information, please directly contact the DSS support team via MyRefinitiv. In the product field, select "Reuters DataScope Select".

search.jpg (89.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.2k 246 52 72

@Jerome Guiot-Dorel

Do you mean RICs 1YMH9 and YMH9? Both RICs are active.

RIC <1YMH9> is the Electronic session RIC and <YMH9> is a Composite RIC. Composite Session RICs are Refinitiv supported i.e. they are not the exchange traded RICs, these are the value add RICs which are provided by Refinitiv and doesn’t receive the trading symbol from the exchange feed. Composite RICs sources its values from its respective Electronic/PIT/block session RICs.

For a DSS content question, please directly contact DSS support team via MyRefinitiv. In the product field, select "Reuters DataScope Select".

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
19 4 9 9

Yes, I agree and I know both RICs 1YMH9 and YMH9 are active and valid.

However, my question was : how do you find the Composite RIC when you only know the Electronic session RIC ?

For VIX, the Electronic session RIC is VXH9, how can I find the Composite RIC ?

For Nikkei (on CME), the Electronic session RIC is 1NKH9, how can I find the Composite RIC ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.