question

Upvotes
Accepted
97 10 12 13

redi .net api performance (sending orders)

I created 100 orders and difference between timestamp of first order and last order is 24 seconds.

When I send 500 stocks in the portfolio trader, it takes less than a second to send all.

what am i doing wrong? I am simply calling the following function 100 times with change in prices by penny.

public void SendOrder(string sym, string side, int quantity, double price, string exch, string acct)
{
ORDER hOrder = new ORDER();
Object err = null;
Object result; hOrder.Side = side;
hOrder.Symbol = sym;
hOrder.Quantity = quantity>1000.0? quantity=1: quantity;
hOrder.PriceType = "Limit";
hOrder.Price = price;
hOrder.Exchange = exch;
hOrder.TIF = "Day";
hOrder.Ticket = "Bypass";
hOrder.Account = acct;
hOrder.ClientData = string.Format("RAPI{0}", c);
c++; result = hOrder.Submit(err);
}

redi-apiperformance
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @39783854-26aa-4fea-bc93-00b2ec21f8bb,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @dong.han,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
410 1 1 3

Hi

Sending orders via Portfolio Trader and the API order entry are different. The latter sends orders one by one, which could take that long for 100 orders.

We have a FIX API available, which is faster. I suggest reaching out to your account manager for more info to see if it would work with your workflow.

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
46 2 1 5

Instead of using Submit method, if we used Submit2 , will it send faster?. as per document, submit2 is async menthod .

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
410 1 1 3

Hi @JManoharan,

Yes, I'd give Submit2 a try.

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
97 10 12 13

it was faster but still took 6 seconds or so.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
97 10 12 13

Additionally, while sending through REDI API my REDI app froze for half a minute.

icon clock
10 |1500

I think you should try a FIX API as mentioned by Brian.Mullane.

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

I am having a similar problem as newuser. Each individual order takes 2 seconds to register on REDIPlus, i.e 10 orders takes 20 seconds. I have the REDIFix and I am using Submit2. From my analysis it seems that it takes REDIPlus 2 seconds to send me a confirmation message for each order.

What are the recommended solutions?

icon clock
10 |1500

I've noticed that I am possibly running an old version of REDIPlus but need confirmation for this. I am running:

Version 16.1.0

File Version 11.0.123.40.40

Build 10:09:19 Aug 5 2016.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.