Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

API add-on for MEtastock Zenith user.

I understand that the Zenith subscription doesn't allow API access to the Eikon terminal. IS it possible to get API access as an addon for which i pay for separately?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@waynetheron

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @waynetheron

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@waynetheron
Refinitiv does not sell any add-ons to Metastock Xenith. The arrangement between Metastock and Refinitiv is that Metastock can only sell Xenith to retail investors. This product cannot be sold to professional or institutional clients. According to our market segmentation the level of functionality you're looking for disqualifies you as a retail customer. If you're looking to consume Refinitiv data programmatically your options are to sign up with Refinitiv as a professional client for either a terminal or a datafeed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@waynetheron I do not think so, but it is best to confirm with Metastock directly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

Metastock said any add-ons should be arranged with you. Are you saying TR doesn't provide this level of offering? surely opening access to the API for the subscription i have can be sold separetly?

icon clock
10 |1500

@waynetheron I think there is a bit of a confusion here, let me try to clarify this.

We do not really sell the Data API as an add-on separately, and it only exists in some selected variants of Eikon, such as Eikon Premium or Eikon for FX Trading. So usually if access to the API is essential for a customer, they would subscribe to one of those variants.

Without getting into much detail and for the sake of the argument you can view Xenith as a variant that does not have the API access.

@waynetheron I hope this helps, and should you require any additional info on this, do let me know, I will try and get you a person to speak to.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

How can i as a retail customer purchase economic data from TR through an API without having to signup for a full terminal. All i want to do is automate trade decisions using your economic calendar which has millisecond data releases.

icon clock
10 |1500

You can use Xenith real-time calendar functions with the Excel connector - not sure of your setup but you may be able to automate your trades from Excel

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

So on the basis of me wanting to access data through an API, you now classify me as a professional client! I hope you realise how ridiculous that sounds. Thanks for being most unhelpful and unaccommodating.

icon clock
10 |1500

The industry standard for distinguishing between professional and non professional users is based on sophistication among other things. From this perspective someone who's looking to automate trading decisions by creating custom applications that consume real-time market data and who cares about milliseconds would certainly be considered at professional level of sophistication. In broader terms programmatic access to real-time market data is a premium capability that at this time is only available to professional clients.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.