question

Upvotes
Accepted
51 14 18 15

EDP Symbology API details

I understood the following values are all the ones available for input("from" parameter) and output("to" parameter) data of EDP Symbology API.

Could you please clarify the detailed questions on the symbols that can be retrieved via EDP Symbology API?

<Questions>

• How frequently is the central Sybmology data that can be retrieved via the Symbology API updated to keep the data up to date?
  • When I make a API request setting a company info for "from" parameter that was split, delisted or so and their symbol was changed in the past, does the Symbology API return the latest info only or all the info including the info used to be and no longer available as well?
  • Is my understanding right that OrganizationId indicates PermID? If it's the case, I'll understand that Symbology API both accepts PermID as input data and return it as output data.

@taku.yamada

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformsymbology
capture.jpg (122.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
201 3 2 2

Hiroko-san,

I think you interpreted the message wrongly. I wrote "recoding" , not " recording". With recoding I mean that the developer has to adjust his application to communicate with the new Strategic Symbology service. Hope that answers the question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Now I totally understood! Thanks!

Upvote
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @hiroko.yamaguchi, Here is the response I received from Symbology support:

Frequency of Updates: The data behind the current EDP symbology service is updated every 24 hours.

Support for Past Data vs. Latest Info: The current EDP symbology service only returns the latest information and not historical symbology data.

Meaning of OrganizationId: OrganizationId is the Organization Perm ID and the current EDP symbology service will accept Organization Perm ID as both an input and a response.

The current EDP symbology service runs entirely on ADC in order to support EDP users while we developed our strategic symbology service on AWS. The strategic symbology service will go onto production early in 2019 and there have been many questions about the differences between the ADC based symbology service and the strategic service. As such I have put together a document highlighting the key differences (https://thehub.thomsonreuters.com/docs/DOC-2735592).

One of the key features of the strategic symbology service is the ability to support point-in-time symbology requests. For example if you enter a RIC of TRI.N and specify 2007-01-01 for theeffectiveAt parameter it will return information for Triad Hospitals instead of Thomson Reuters since TRI.N was the RIC for Triad Hospitals back in 2007.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you so much for your clarification!

It's so helpful!

As for Support for Past Data vs. Latest Info, can the current EDP Tactical Symbology API NOT accept any identifiers which is no longer active now as input data, either?

Re. Strategic Symbology API, is my understanding correct that new endpoint(s) and parameters(Efffective from, Effectiveto, etc) will be provided for the new EDP Strategic Symbplogy API and users who are using the current EDP Symbology API will be able to use the new EDP Strategic API with no additional cost at the time of the new EDP Symbology API release?

Can you please answer it?

@hiroko.yamaguchi, currently the service can only map currently valid identifiers. It is planned to be able to check historical mappings in a future release.

Thanks for your clarification.

What about the following?

>Re. Strategic Symbology API, is my understanding correct that new endpoint(s) and parameters(Efffective from, Effectiveto, etc) will be provided for the new EDP Strategic Symbplogy API and users who are using the current EDP Symbology API will be able to use the new EDP Strategic API with no additional cost at the time of the new EDP Symbology API release?

Upvotes
201 3 2 2

Hiroko-san,

Yes , the strategic Symbology service will soon replace the current tactical symbology service.There are no plans to change the commercials for the symbology service once we move from the tactical to the strategic one. Please be aware that some recoding has to be done at the client side once he wants to use the strategic Symbology service.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for your answer.

What do you exactly mean by "some recording"?

Upvotes
201 3 2 2

Hiroko-san,

I think you interpreted the message wrongly. I wrote "recoding" , not " recording". With recoding I mean that the developer has to adjust his application to communicate with the new Strategic Symbology service. Hope that answers the question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.