For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 3 2 4

Why when pulling data using the RIC the values are correct but it is showing Null when using the ISIN?

Please find below an answer from a request using the DSS REST API.

You can notice that when I used the RIC as the identifier the values are correct, but when I use the ISIN as the identifier the values are null. It is also strange the when I use the ISIN for the identifier it returns another RIC instead of the EWZ. Could you please advise?

{
"@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionResult",
"Contents": [
{
"IdentifierType": "Ric",
"Identifier": "EWZ",
"RIC": "EWZ",
"ISIN": "US4642864007",
"Security Description": "ISHARES MSCI BRAZIL ETF",
"Ask Price": 43.64,
"Bid Price": 43.63,
"High Price": 43.95,
"Low Price": 43.22,
"Open Price": 43.38,
"Close Price": 43.65,
"Universal Ask Price": 43.64,
"Universal Bid Ask Date": "2019-01-24",
"Universal Bid Price": 43.63,
"Universal Close Price": 43.65,
"Trade Date": "2019-01-24"
},
{
"IdentifierType": "Isin",
"Identifier": "US4642864007",
"RIC": "LP40056869",
"ISIN": null,
"Security Description": null,
"Ask Price": null,
"Bid Price": null,
"High Price": null,
"Low Price": null,
"Open Price": null,
"Close Price": null,
"Universal Ask Price": null,
"Universal Bid Ask Date": null,
"Universal Bid Price": null,
"Universal Close Price": null,
"Trade Date": null
}
],
dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrest-apijson
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
648 5 4 6

@Paulo Roberto.Leite

Please include source in your instrument list.

{
  "Identifier": "US4642864007",
  "IdentifierType": "Isin",
  "Source":"PCQ"
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
11 3 2 4

it worked!! great! Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 3 2 4

@nityanand.koppad Client is questioning whether he should always include the "Source: PCQ" when pulling data using the ISIN as the identifier and if the source is the same for all assets? He also argues that he had pulled other 190 assets using ISIN without the "Source" and it has worked fine.

Thanks in advance

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
648 5 4 6

@Paulo Roberto.Leite

If client is using ISIN then including source will extract accurate/relevant data for the exchange/asset. Here Source is nothing but Exchange Code, using exchange code is important while using ISIN as instrument input because there could be more chances of ISIN being dual listed, shared with other asset class (Bonds, Fund, Class Share or Preference Share etc). If ISIN is shared with different asset & listed in different exchange then ISIN's last result default will be used to extract data and this is the hierarchy of search functionality. example below

ewz.png (80.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 2 1

How do i do the same for EIKON ? I am having similar problem pulling data from EIKOn with ISIN where the values returned are nulls for some instrument but when queried with RIC's the values returned are ok.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.