question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Python Selenium - Authentication Error

Dear all,

I am trying to connect to Thomson Reuters Eikon website through Python Selenium, and while logging in it keeps showing me the following message: Screenshot

Can anyone advise on this issue?

I do not know if it is the right forum to post this question, if not please move it to the relevant one.

Thanks and regards,

Remy

eikoneikon-data-apipythoneikon-com-apiauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@remy.he using Selenium or any other tools that facilitate web scraping is strictly not allowed to be used on Eikon. Instead, if you are looking for content, you can get it through the Python Eikon data api.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Zhenya Kovalyov,

Thanks for your answer, we intend to automate the extraction of data (.xlsx format) from Cambridge's Benchmark Calculator (doing it manually takes days). How to proceed on the extraction process? Can it be done though Eikon data api?

Regards,

Remy

@remy.he the best course of action for you is to get in contact with the help desk and ask to be referred to the owner of that, they will recommend the best way of use.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.