For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
45 11 21 14

Only MDY rating for securities ?

Today we discovered that, when we request ratings for securities (bonds mainly) over the DSS REST API, we get no Fitch and S&P ratings at all, but only the bog standard MDY Moody's rating, although we request a number of rating codes. Is this normal ?

We get Fitch and S&P ratings as well as Moody's ratings when requesting issuers and/or country (government) ratings.

For securities (issues), we use the «RatingsExtractionRequest» type, with the «RatingLevel With {.IsIssue = True, .IsIssuer = False}» attributes.

Can you help us with this problem ?

Thanks

Bernard

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsscredit-ratings
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@bernard.thouin

Have you tried the "Terms and Conditions" report template? There are a lot of fields regarding Moodys, Fitch, and S&P ratings.

You can see a list of available fields in the DATA CONTENT GUIDE FOR DATASCOPE SELECT 12.3. The fields' descriptions are on the Field Description sheet. You can filter those fields by the report name.

To use the "Terms and Conditions" report template, please refer to the following tutorials:

However, if you are still unable to retrieve ratings via the "Terms and Conditions" report template, please directly contact the DSS support team via MyRefinitiv to verify the problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
45 11 21 14

Hi @Jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

In the meantime, TR gave me 2 rating type codes (FTC and S&P) I had not included in my list, and they give me Fitch and S&P long term rating, and that's all I need, so I'm fine. But thank you, Terms & Conditions would be an alternative way to get them, that's correct :).

Regards

Bernard

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.