Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

where can i find data item codes list?

Hello,

i downloaded DSS_12_3_Data_Content_Guide_1.xls and i can see field names i need. these are quite a lot. Where can i find item codes vs field names?

Thanks,

--Shin

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@shinji.kakizaki you will have to be more specific than that. What assets are you interested in? For both public and private companies, as well as deals, you can use the screener app to build queries and execute them with the get_data function. For other instruments, if you are currently using Eikon Data API, the only other option is to use chains (for example, EFX= for european currencies or 0#USBMK= for US benchmarks), as Eikon Data API does not have a search component just yet.

For field names I suggest using either the Data Item Browser app or the Formula Builder in Excel.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@shinji.kakizaki
Are you using Eikon or DataScope Select products? You say you downloaded data content guide for DataScope Select product, but you posted your question on the forum dedicated to Eikon Data APIs, which is a bit confusing and makes it difficult to understand your question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

hi both guys thank you. first of all i appreciate your responses.

Zhenya, you are right i had to be more specific but your comment already gave me the idea. I will try it from excel and see.

Alex, excuse me for confusion. when i come up wiht more specific questions, i will keep your suggetion in mind.

Thanks,

--Shin

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.