For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 1 1

WebSocket API Status Stream is Closed. what should be recovery logic ?

Hello,

I some time get status message with stream = closed. could you please let me know when should we retry to connect and login again?

When I tried reconnect/login after 2 sec. it gives me same status message with stream = closed.

Basically, what should be recovery logic ?

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtoelektron-data-dictionary
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @cbhavsar

Certainly you can retry after a short delay- but I cannot suggest how long as we don't know what is causing the problem - the Error is non specific - which could suggest some un-handled issue .

When this happens again, I would recommend you raise a support ticket via My.Refinitiv Support - so they can confirm / investigate if their is an issue on the EDP service or your particular authorisation sever endpoint at that point in time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @cbhavsar

Please post an example of the full closed Status Msg you receive.

Also, please answer the following so we can better understand the situation in order to assist you:

• Do you receive the closed status msg as the initial response to a request - or does it initially open successfully and then is closed at some later point in time?
  • Is it for the Login or for Data items?
  • Does it eventually open successfully if you try again after a longer period of time?
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 1 1

1) I receive close once successfully open

2) it is for Login

3) some time it open successfully and some time it keep trying...

Also, insome case I get message "ExceededMaxMountsPerUser"

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @cbhavsar

If you are seeing the ExceededMaxMountsPerUser message, this indicates that you have exceeded the number of concurrent logins (Mounts) your username is configured for.

This could be because someone else in your organisation is using your login credentials OR you yourself have active Logins from multiple devices.

When one of the other Login's disconnect, then you are able to successfully login.

If you are connecting to an internal ADS server then you should speak to your Market Data team to discuss increasing your concurrent login count. If you are connected to a hosted / server in the Cloud then you will need to contact your Refinitiv account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 1 1

Hi Umer, Thanks for information.

could please let me know how many concurrent logins(Mounts) per username is allowed on single device/host ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @cbhavsar

The maximum concurrent logins is configured on a per user basis - as there is typically an exchange related cost involved for multiple logins - the default is 1.

Your internal Market Data team or Refintiv account manager should be able to confirm your actual limit.

Also, if you are connecting to EDP (Cloud) - then try setting the takeExclusiveSignOnControl to True when requesting your authorisation Token from the Authorisation server - to override any previous sessions still logged in.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 1 1

Ok Thanks.

I can fix the concurrent logins case of status stream closed.

but, apart from this I sometimes get the status message with stream closed with the error code.

{
"ID": 1,
"Type": "Status",
"Domain": "Login",
"Key": {
"Name": "AQIC5wM2LY4SfczX6es4xg7UXeKL4bPXpzv0bGgnpAt%2Bqws%3D%40AAJTSQACMjAAAlNLABQtNDk2MDUwMDcyMjcyNzA4Mjk1MQACUzEAAjMx%23"
},
"State": {
"Stream": "Closed",
"Data": "Suspect",
"Code": "Error",
"Text": "Error"
}

Could please suggest what should I do here. should I try reconnect after sometime ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.