For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 4 1 3

Security Types list

Hello, is it possible to get a list of security Types?

Thanks.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@vstefanini,

I'm not sure I understand your query. What exactly do you mean by "Security Type" ? Is this for an input or an output of an extraction request ? Which one ? And is your query related to a particular asset class ?

I shall attempt to answer several possible cases, hopefully one applies to your query:

To identify an instrument in a query we use the Identifier Type. 41 are supported: RIC, Cusip, ISIN, etc. These can be sen in the API Reference Tree: in that screen set IdentifierList to InstrumentIdentifiersList, then click on the drop down in the IdentifierType line:

For data output fields we have several that could potentially correspond to what you are searching for:

• "Asset Type" - Instrument classification code that identifies the asset type
  • "Asset SubType" - Code representing the asset sub classification within the security type code
  • "Debt Type" - Code representing the class of debt (including the type of collateral backing the debt)
  • "Government Bond Type Code" - Code representing the classification of a government debt security
  • "Instrument Type Code" - Code for the description of the security itself. For example, bond, note, bill, debenture, preferred stock, warrant, or commercial paper

These fields have equivalent ones that give a textual description, "Asset Type Description", "Asset SubType Description", "Debt Type Description", "Government Bond Type Code Description" and "Instrument Type Code Description"

This list is not exhaustive, to find them all see the Datascope Data Content Guide, tab "Field Descriptions". All field names are in column D, their description is in column E. Column C contains the corresponding extraction (report) type. Columns F and following give information on the format. Column I might be of interest to you as it gives links to lists of possible values (I added them to the field names above). Columns O and following tell you what asset classes are covered.

Does this help ?

identifiertypes.png (90.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @vstefanini,

Within DSS product, Report Type will help you to identify the correct request to use.

If this is what you are looking for, the information is in Datascope Data Content Guide, tab "Report Types".

Several report templates carry field "instrument type", which we can pinpoint by searching "Field Descriptions" within content guide for "instrument type".

To get further details on specific content, please contact Content Helpdesk and place an inquiry.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.