Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted

Can I get more than 60000 points tick data data thru API?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitick-history-rest-apihistoricaltick-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Maria Michelle.Battung

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @Maria Michelle.Battung

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Yes, you can, but not in a single request. get_timeseries method returns a max of 50K rows for a single request. If you need more than 50K ticks you need to submit several requests using for example the timestamp on the earliest tick received in response to the first request as input for the value of end_date parameter of the next request.
The max depth of tick history available through Eikon is 90 days.
Here's an example of code retrieving 149,997 latest ticks in a loop using 3 requests. Each request returns 50K ticks, but one tick needs to be dropped to avoid duplicates in the resulting dataframe.

import eikon as ek
import pandas as pd
import datetime as dt
ek.set_app_key(<your_app_key_here>)
ric = 'EUR='
end_date = dt.datetime.utcnow()
df = pd.DataFrame()
for i in range(3):
    try:
        tmp_df = ek.get_timeseries(ric, interval = 'tick', 
            start_date = end_date + dt.timedelta(-100), end_date = end_date)
        end_date = tmp_df.index[0].to_pydatetime()
        tmp_df = tmp_df.drop(tmp_df.index[0])
        df = tmp_df.append(df)
        if len(tmp_df) < 49999:
            print('No more tick history available for RIC ' + ric)
            break
    except ek.EikonError as err:
        print(err)
        break
df
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
43 2 2 6

Thank you Alex... for some reason I thought one time I pulled a large series, but I must be mistaken... they have certainly not gone out of their way to provide a robust interface for pulling recent ticks....

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.