For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvote
Accepted
18 2 9 11

'Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054)

What does this message mean: ('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None)).

It's with regards to DSS REST API.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @lukasz.ossowski,

We have not heard back from you.

Have you found a solution outside of the forum?

Hello @lukasz.ossowski

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @lukasz.ossowski

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@lukasz.ossowski

10054 should be a Windows socket error code.

WSAECONNRESET
Connection reset by peer.
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (see setsockopt for more information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress. Operations that were in progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent operations fail with WSAECONNRESET.

It is from the Windows Sockets Error Codes. It seems that the server forcibly closed the connection.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@lukasz.ossowski,

This could be due to a network issue, a firewall closing a connection after a certain time, our servers being in maintenance, etc.

Do you regularly get this error, or was this a once of a time occurrence ?

When did it happen (day, time, timezone) ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18 2 9 11

Hi All,

some further details from the client:

It happens everyday for one of our script. The script has the following structure:

1. Check if OpenAccessList (an instrument list in web gui) exists otherwise create OpenAccessList. (api through python)

2. Ric list with ~ 100 rics is given as input (an internal list)

3. For each of these rics, try to append them to OpenAccessList one by one (so we can check if they are OpenAccess or not). The script sleeps in 3 seconds before appending a new ric. (api through python) < ---------- Here is where the script crashes

4. Delete OpenAccessList.

We have checked our firewall settings for the api queries against https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/......... and could not find any rule that would cancel the connection from our side. The script is running 16:10 swedish time and crashes around 16:17 (15:10 UTC and crashes around 15:17 utc).

icon clock
10 |1500

@lukasz.ossowski, could you share the script ?

Hi Christiaan,

have you had a chance to look at the script attached?

Upvotes
18 2 9 11

Here is the script (attached).

api-dss.zip

api-dss.zip (2.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

@lukasz.ossowski - This is a private post

The script in attachment contains the username and password. As the forum is public, this means the password was compromised. Please change your password ASAP.

I have re-uploaded the script removing the username and password.

lukasz.ossowski avatar image   lukasz.ossowski veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

Thanks, I will arrange that. In the meantime, do you see any discrepancies in the script?

Hello @lukasz.ossowski,

Could you please provide the information that was requested by @Christiaan Meihsl,

Or please let us know if you have resolved the issue outside of the forum?

Thanks much,

-AHS

Can you also share the instrument list ?

Hello @Christiaan Meihsl,

Did you have a chance to see the instrument list from the client?

@zoya.farberov, I looked at the script & instrument list. It is not clear how the customer runs the script, and the instrument list is a sample, not the customer one. I contacted Lukasz directly to discuss this on 25 Feb, I am waiting for his answers to proceed further.

Show more comments
Upvotes
1 0 0 2

I am getting the same error. Occurs every once in a while. I am pulling data via Datascope REST API. I generally make the request on a daily basis, 2AM BRT. Aprox 10 RICS. I am using python 3.7

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @nicolas.fonteyne ,

If on your side this is once in a while, not persistent and not consistent, I would build the additional reliability into your app, and if the error is encountered, re-request.

If at some point of time you will observe the failure that is persistent, I would first investigate My Refinitiv -> Service Alerts for DSS at the time when you observe the issue, making sure there is no known service outage in progress, and if that is not the case, open a support ticket with DSS support to investigate the suspected issue.

Hope this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.