Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 2 2 6

get_timeseries and ticks in eikon python api

very basic question... I am trying to retrieve the current sessions ticks for a futures contract and the return is being limited to 50k rows... I know a few weeks ago I pulled the entire series.. if I increase count it does nothing... still limits the return to 50k, and it is not an iterable return, just a dataframe... what I am I forgetting?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

See the answer on this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
43 2 2 6

Thank you Alex, but now I get "Error code 429 | Client Error: Too Many Requests - Too many requests, please try again later."

I have even put a 2s delay in the loop prior to each request.. thus I am unable to pull even a sessions worth of ticks for active contracts....

icon clock
10 |1500

You're likely triggering the throttle that limits the volume of data you can download in 1 minute. See this document for more details on various throttles that may be triggered when you retrieve data using Eikon Data APIs. The answer is to increase the interval between data retrieval calls.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.