Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 7 7 6

Keep getting EikonError: Error code 401 | Client Error: Unauthorized - Eikon API Proxy requires authentication.

Hello,

For some reasons, I keep getting the following error when using the python API:

EikonError: Error code 401 | Client Error: Unauthorized - Eikon API Proxy requires authentication.

I simply connect doing the following but then receive the error when using ek.get_data

import pandas as pd

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('XXXXXhidden for postXXXXXX')

The eikon terminal and the excel addin work fine. I checked and rechecked my key on the app key generator and it is the correct one.

Could someone help me on this please? Fyi I use windows and python 3.6 with spyder. When restarting the machine it disappears.

Many thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-401
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@charles.malafosse could you try restarting your Eikon please?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
43 7 7 6

Thank you Zhenya. That was indeed the issue. Why would this happens? Everthing works fine but the python api gets somehow disconnected? Many thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

I face the same issue. The restart worked but the next day I get the same error

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.