For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
6 4 2 6

What is TREP version 3.2.1 and how do I get it

We're looking to get the Elektron websockets API to work and I see that it needs "TREP version 3.2.1"

What is this and how do we get it?

As a reference: https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/websocket-api

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @lansey

As stated on the page in your original post, Websocket API connection is currently only supported by a Deployed TREP at your site OR ERT in Cloud.

I recommend you contact your Refinitiv Account Manager for a way forward.

You mention AWS - although we can only provide Production support for a AWS deployed application, you can in theory run your application in your own local environment and still connect to our ERT in Cloud service. As you can imagine we there is no way we can guarantee quality of connectivity between your site and our ERT in Cloud servers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thank you - we have reached out.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

hi @lansey

TREP stands for Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform and is our realtime data distribution system.

If your organisation already has an older version of TREP installed, then your Market Data team would be the ones who upgrade to a later version and provide you with the connectivity details.

If you do not a have a TREP installation at your organisation then I recommend you contact your Refinitiv Account Manager about access to our cloud based Elektron Data Platform which also offers Websocket access including to our Elektron Real Time in the Cloud service.

I could not ascertain your account details based on your login. If you can add a moderator only comment with your full details, I can try and contact your Account Manager on your behalf.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
6 4 2 6

We do not a have a TREP installation at our organisation I don't think.

Is the cloud our only option?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @lansey

Can you tell me what you do have currently in terms of our realtime data access if any? Hosted Elektron realtime / EZD etc?

A TREP system is a means of distributing internal and external data feed / sources. So, even if you had a TREP there would be Elektron realtime feed into the TREP system.

Upvotes
6 4 2 6

We have EZD right now, but it doesn't support the websocket API.

We just need programmatic access to a few real time streams, preferably without using AWS. What is the easiest way to achieve that?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
6 4 2 6

We have EZD right now, but it doesn't support the websocket API.

We just need programmatic access to a few real time streams, preferably without using AWS. What is the easiest way to achieve that?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.