Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 4 10 13

Eikon API tutorial code

Hi,

I have installed the ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed.x64 nuget package.

I have 2 issues with the Eikon API (.NET version).

I am unable to download the tutorial code under:

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/system/files/Usage%20Example%20Realtime%20Data%20API.zip

I get diverted to an error page. Can you please fix the link or let me know how I can get the tutorial code?

2. I have followed your example for Complex Request and Subscription under:

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications/learning?content=8723&type=learning_material_item

I believe I have all the code in place. When I run my code (console app targeting x64) there is no activity with the Eikon API at all.

I subscribe to EUR= which is a fairly active RIC and fields BID and ASK and none of the callbacks are firing.

DataService is initialised on startup and I also do not see the ServicesOnStateChanged callback fire at all.

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-.net-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@emir.subasic
Regarding the API not raising the events, make sure your console application is running Windows message pump on the thread housing Eikon .NET API objects. See more details in the answer on this thread.
Regarding the downloading of the example, are you persistently getting the same error message from the Web site? The link is definitely correct, and I have no problem downloading the file. I wonder if this was perhaps a temp problem because the Web server was overloaded or something? Could you try again and tell us what happens?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@emir.subasic,

Concerning the download: I just checked, the link is functional. I tried the one you pasted in your query, the one in the tutorial, and the one under the downloads tab. All 3 work fine. I'm using the Chrome browser, and simply click on the links. Could you please try these 3 links, and tell us if they work for you ?

Assuming the download works, please tell us if you still do not observe any activity when using our sample code.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
37 4 10 13

Hi,

This is what I get when I click on the link from the tutorial.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
37 4 10 13

Hi Alex,

Yes, I just realised that's what was missing.

I omitted the use of DispatcherFrame.

On the tutorial links:

I have managed to download them from the Downloads Tab but it keeps failing from the Tutorials section.

Happy to close issue.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

@emir.subasic,

Thanks for telling us that you found the issue with the DispatcherFrame.

The download remains a mystery to me. I just tried again, for me it works fine from the tutorial, and from the downloads.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.