question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 6 11 17

how to calculate number of messages received per second in rmdsclient

I ran rmdsclient and killed immediately after the following log from rmdsclient:

updr 74798.00 updl 67 imgr 1.00 imgl 370

but when I counted the number of messages it was more thatn 400k messages in the log file that it captured. Does that mean 74798.00 is not the correct update rate? If not then how to corretnly find how many messages were received per second?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructurermds-test-client
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@vishal.anand

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@vishal.anand

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @vishal.anand

If you refer to the rmdstestclient documentation you will note that the -I parameter controls the statistics display interval and the updr and imgr are explained as follows:

You mentioned 400k messages in the log file - is that total count for the messages received during the full runtime period? Or just during your specified interval?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks. The 400k was for run until I saw that log and killed the client.

Hi @vishal.anand

Ok - so, just to confirm the application captured data for 4-5 seconds and the updr rate you observed was correct for the timed interval?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.