For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
17 2 8 12

I'm trying to perform a EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest for the Cusip: 132061805 (SOVB is the symbol). No data is returned.

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [
      "Close Price",
      "Close Price Timestamp",
      "Trade Date",
      "CUSIP",
      "ISIN"
    ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
      "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
      { "Identifier": "132061805", "IdentifierType": "Cusip" }
      ]
    },
    "Condition": null
  }
}
{
    "@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionResult",
    "Contents": [
        {
            "IdentifierType": "Cusip",
            "Identifier": "132061805",
            "Close Price": null,
            "Close Price Timestamp": null,
            "Trade Date": "2019-03-04",
            "CUSIP": null,
            "ISIN": null
        }
    ],
    "Notes": [
        "Extraction Services Version 12.3.40277 (47a46edd9411), Built Feb 11 2019 15:28:41\r\nHoliday Rollover of Universal Close Price waived.\r\nProcessing started at 03/05/2019 23:43:40.\r\nUser ID: 9019504\r\nExtraction ID: 350371829\r\nSchedule: _OnD_0x068c346316c05c2d (ID = 0x068c346318705c2d)\r\nInput List (1 items): _OnD_0x068c346316c05c2d (ID = 068c346317405c2d) Created: 03/05/2019 23:43:38 Last Modified: 03/05/2019 23:43:39\r\nSchedule Time: 03/05/2019 23:43:39\r\nReport Template (11 fields): _OnD_0x068c346316c05c2d (ID = 0x068c346316e05c2d) Created: 03/05/2019 23:43:38 Last Modified: 03/05/2019 23:43:38\r\nColumn 'CUSIP' suppressed for lack of 'CUSIP & CUSIP based ISINs' permission.\r\nCells suppressed for 1 row(s) for lack of 'CUSIP & CUSIP based ISINs' permission.\r\nProcessing completed successfully at 03/05/2019 23:43:40, taking 0.235 Secs.\r\nExtraction finished at 03/05/2019 23:43:40 UTC, with servers: x07t02, QSHC15 (0.0 secs), QSSHA1 (0.0 secs)\r\nUsage Summary for User 9019504, Client 108635, Template Type EOD Pricing\r\nBase Usage\r\n        Instrument                          Instrument                   Terms          Price\r\n  Count Type                                Subtype                      Source         Source\r\n------- ----------------------------------- ---------------------------- -------------- ----------------------------------------\r\n      1 Mutual Funds                                                     Lipper         N/A\r\n-------\r\n      1 Total instrument charged.\r\n      0 Instruments with no reported data.\r\n=======\r\n      1 Instrument in the input list.\r\nNo TRPS complex usage to report -- 1 Instrument in the input list had no reported data.\r\nWriting RIC maintenance report.\r\n",
        "Identifier,IdentType,Source,RIC,RecordDate,MaintType,OldValue,NewValue,Factor,FactorType\r\n"
    ]
}

Also, curious if I can just search by the symbol (i.e SOVB). Also wondering why I have permissioning issues like: CUSIP' suppressed for lack of 'CUSIP & CUSIP based ISINs' permission.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsspricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@vikas.khurana, can you elaborate on what you mean by "search by the symbol (SOVB)", the query is not very clear. What are you trying to achieve ?

Note that an instrument can be specified using various instrument codes, like RIC, ISIN, CUSIP, SEDOL, etc. The search method can vary depending on that.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@vikas.khurana,

As stated by Nityanand, the issue is that your account is not permissioned for CUSIPs. For permissioning issues you need to contact your Refinitiv account manager.

Please note that querying by CUSIP (or ISIN for that matter) is ambiguous, because the exchange is not specified. That is why I'd recommend converting the CUSIP to a RIC first. The primary RIC for CUSIP 132061805 seems to be LP40214959, whereas the RIC on NYSE is SOVB.N. On this topic I suggest you read the article on DSS ISIN to RIC conversion, which also applies to the use of CUSIPs. It also explains some of the search functionalities, which might help answer your queries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Got it thanks, we are in touch with our account manager. I guess the end goal for us is to be able to somehow query for closing pricing prices for a given set of US Traded Equities. Is there a way to request for something like a consolidated price so that we don't need to specify the exchange?

@vikas.khurana, that is a difficult query. The closing price might differ between exchanges, and the exchanges might not even have the same trading hours. So the whole query boils down to the choice of the instrument identifier to get the closing price you need. For data content query like this one, the best and speediest way to receive an answer is to open a content-related enquiry via MyRefinitiv or to call the Refinitiv Help Desk directly.

Upvotes
648 5 4 6

@vikas.khurana

The issue is because of

'CUSIP' suppressed for lack of 'CUSIP & CUSIP based ISINs' permission.\r\nCells suppressed for 1 row(s) for lack of 'CUSIP & CUSIP based ISINs' permission.
icon clock
10 |1500

What is needed to get those permissions? Why can't I search by symbol? Why do I get a price for cusip: 037833100 (AAPL)?

@vikas.khurana

The API you used do not have any problem and you may need to get in touch with Refinitiv Helpdesk as they will be better placed to answer these kind of data behavior questions and this forum here supported for API related discussions.

@vikas.khurana, what query did you make to receive cusip 037833100 (AAPL) ? Can you post the body of the request please ? That will help us answer it.

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [
      "Close Price",
      "Close Price Timestamp",
      "Trade Date",
      "CUSIP",
      "ISIN"
    ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
      "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
      	{ "Identifier": "037833100", "IdentifierType": "Cusip" }
      ]
    },
    "Condition": null
  }
}

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.