For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

DataScope Select API license (legal!)

Hi,

We are developing some software for a client that uses the Datascope Select .Net SDK. This will be an add-in to our own software product (to download some market data into the clients' system).

We will need to distribute the DLLs along with the software to this client, as part of our installer.

I cannot find license information for the SDK and our legal will need to review if we are allowed to "distribute" the DLLs with our own installer, or if this is prohibited and we need to provide instructions to client to download the SDK themselves and copy it to the right location. The first solution is obviously preferred.

What is the license for the SDK DLLs, and where do I find an official statement?

I understand that the API key is something else altogether and the client will need to get their own.

Cheers,

Daniel

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsslicensing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@daniel141, I have forwarded your query to the API owner.

Hi @Christiaan Meihsl can you please let me know if I can expect an update on this?

@DanielZee, I'm still chasing for an answer, will post it as soon as I receive one

Show more comments

Sent an email to Sridevi Pandian to verify this question.

The product manager is working on this question.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@DanielZee,

Even though you decided to follow an alternate path, I'll deliver the response in case you change your mind, or in case this is of interest to someone else reading this thread:

You should not repackage or distribute our SDK. The way to go is to provide instructions or scripts for your clients to download from our normal distribution.

Apologies for the belated answer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.