Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 3 2 5

RHistoryAPI

Hello,

I am using RHistoryAPI to retrieve historical data. I tried to use Reuters Query RHistoryAPI from a VBA class module .xlam project but it is not working. I did not have error but the result table was empty. I tried the same thing in a Microsoft Excel Object(like the example of the tutorial) and it is working.

Is the RHistoryAPI only working with Microsoft Excel Objects ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@hanen.krichene
Were you able to resolve the problem you experienced? If yes it would be great if you could share the solution you found on this thread. It would help other users who may experience similar issue. If the problem persists, did you get any further insight into the issue since creating this post?

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use RHistory API in an xla or an xlam. Do you want to post your project here for me to take a look? It would be best if you strip it to bare bones required to reproduce the issue you experienced. Q&A forums support limited types of attachments, so put your xlam file into a zip archive before posting it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 3 2 5

Thank you for your reply. I had another problem. I used local variable to save request result. With global variable it works perfectly!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.