Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 4 3 4

Sometimes suffvolmoneyness return data and sometimes not

Hi,

Sometimes I get data and sometimes I do not when using this function (found on the pages). Any ideas?

df, err = ek.get_data(RIC,["TR.SurfVolMoneyness.tenor","TR.SurfVolMoneyness.range", "TR.SurfVolMoneyness"],{"Range":"50;200", "Tenor":"1M;12M", "VolType":"MID"})

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mbp

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@mbp

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Add raw_output=True parameter as follows:

ek.get_data([".FTSE"],["TR.SurfVolMoneyness.tenor","TR.SurfVolMoneyness.range", "TR.SurfVolMoneyness"],{"Range":"50;200", "Tenor":"1M;12M", "VolType":"MID"},raw_output=True)

With raw_output=True get_data method returns raw JSON from the Web service providing the data as opposed to a tuple containing pandas dataframe and error when raw_output=False or omitted.
What does get_data method return with raw_output=True?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Do you see any patterns for when you get and don't get the data requested? Is it the same RIC every time? When you don't get the data, do you get any error messages? Is anything returned into err variable? Is an exception raised? What exactly are the symptoms you experience?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 4 3 4

Hi

Content of err: [{'code': 412, 'col': 1, 'message': 'Unable to resolve all requested identifiers.', 'row': 0}, {'code': 412, 'col': 2, 'message': 'Unable to resolve all requested identifiers.', 'row': 0}, {'code': 412, 'col': 3, 'message': 'Unable to resolve all requested identifiers.', 'row': 0}]

icon clock
10 |1500

This error message indicates that the RIC in the request is invalid.

Upvotes
16 4 3 4

Worked last night for RIC=.ftse, Doesn't work this morning for .ftse and ERR=''

icon clock
10 |1500

Did you mean to include the error message? If you did, the error message didn't post. I'm not reproducing on my end any problem retrieving this data for RIC=".FTSE". Are you able to retrieve the same data in Excel using =TR(".FTSE","TR.SurfVolMoneyness.tenor;TR.SurfVolMoneyness.range;TR.SurfVolMoneyness","Range=50;200 Tenor=1M;12M VolType=MID") worksheet function?

Upvotes
16 4 3 4

There was no error message. Yes, it works in Excel (Windows) but not in Python (Mac).

icon clock
10 |1500

I'm confused. If there was no error message, what symptoms did you see?

Upvotes
16 4 3 4

No data and no error message is what I see.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.