Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

Is there any timeline or project to increase the 3000 observations limit per API call under Eikon API ?

each Eikon API call is limited to 3000 observations now, is there any project aiming at increasing that limit ?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@romain_gautier

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

Otherwise, you may share an answer and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@romain_gautier assuming that you mean the per request limit on 3000 rows for time series requests, there are no immediate plans to change this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
20 3 3 1

I agree with Romain. This is way too restrictive to do any sensible quant work. One has to spend more time in writing data requests than to do the actual analysis. Bloomberg has around 500,000 hits per day, regardless.

I will most likely have to re-consider my Eikon license if that is not changed as I cannot really do the work I need to do under these restrictions.

Refinitiv: Please reconsider reasonable data limits that are in line with Bloomberg and other competitors.

Thank you in advance.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.