question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 33 41

AdxRtList Source Down. What to do?

There is my question related to this one : https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/33947/adxrtlist-what-rt-item-stale-means.html

So, I request for an image for a list of the tickers. There is a callback function that parses a response. To avoid Stale items, I've added source status check GetSourceStatus() to the callback function before any parsing done.

Here is what happened today:

I ran 5 requests one after another. 4 worked fine. 5th got me RT_SOURCE_DOWN.

So I discarded the data and re-ran it again 4 times with the same problem. Then I destroyed the Rtx object and created new one. That new one gave me the same behavior - RT_SOURCE_DOWN for all next requests. (note: I delete the object but do not release it. If I release it, I cannot create new . There was another ticket on the forum)

At this point I don't know how to recovery from this state. The only thing that always help - restart Eikon and application.

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@igorg when this happens, do you still see the streaming updates for any of the requested RICs inside the Quote app on Eikon?

@Zhenya Kovalyov, I didn't check the Quote. I just restarted the Eikon and it started to work.

This is not a good solution anymore, since the data collection is 1 step of the several steps process.. If it fails, all process fails. So I need to find out what to do in this case. Just sit and wait for a connection? Is there a way to re-connect?

@igorg the issue that you are describing does not fall under common problems for this API, we might need to escalate this. There are multiple reasons for RT_SOURCE_DOWN, but your app should successfully recover from all of them. Also, I can not really think of an issue with the real-time source that can be fixed by restarting Eikon.

I will wait for Alex's comment, but post instructions on how to collect logs for a case like this.

Show more comments

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@igorg

a. Close Eikon completely

b. You will need to configure the logs, if have not already. Go to Start > Thomson Reuters > Configuration Manager app and open the Logs tab.

Thomson Reuters Desktop - level 4

PIXL - all messages

RFA - activate RFA logs

AdminX-RT - All

c. Remove all logs from %PROGRAMDATA%\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\

d. Start Eikon and try to reproduce the error;

Once this is done, contact myself or Alex by email, we will get someone to look into this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I will do. Thank you

But since it happened 2nd or 3rd time during last 5 months.. we will wait for a long time.

ok, just be aware that excessive logging will slow down Eikon a lot.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.