question

Upvotes
Accepted
48 8 18 20

callback thread exception

Hello, everyone, my application occasionally encounters the following error, and the callback thread quits.

A few days ago when testing, I encountered the same problem. I tried to modified my code several times, but without luck. Several minutes later, I tried my original application, but it runs ok again. So it seems not my application problem. So what does the error above stand for ? Thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apiexception
exception.png (66.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @wangfugen

Please refer to example 422__MarketPrice__ErrorClient (EMA C++) / example422__MarketPrice__ErrorClient (EMA Java) which can be found in the respective Consumer 400 series sub folders of the SDK

These examples demonstrate how to use an OmmConsumerErrorClient instead of exceptions.

I would also recommend you try to recreate the problem using our basic Batch example - example370__MarketPrice__Batch - to try and eliminate possibility of a bug in your application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @wangfugen

Can you please confirm which error you are referring to?

In the extract above I can only see a ChannelUp event and positive acknowledgement of your Batch Requests?

When you make a Batch Request, the API will close the handle / event stream for the Batch Request. This is because it will create new event streams for each valid item in your Batch and each will have its own handle.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
48 8 18 20

Hi, @Umer Nalla

Sorry for I cannot reproduce this error again and provide more details. If next time it happens again I will add more detail to the question.

One more question, I do found some exception after the acknowledgement message and the parser thread terminates when my code is buggy. Due to the exception mechanism used inside ema sdk, it usually hides where the code triggering the bug. So is there any method to disable the exception mechanism, allowing the application just generates coredump file ? Thanks .

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.