question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 1 4

How to get the RowCount as Header part of the endofday extract using DSS Select

@ Christiaan Meihsl,

We are using DSS Select REST API to extract endofday data .Using below endpoint
https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract.

Providing the REST body as :
{
"ExtractionRequest": {
"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest",
"ContentFieldNames": ${market_fields},
"IdentifierList": {
"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentListIdentifierList",
"InstrumentListId": ${market_instrument_list_id}
},
"Condition": {
"StartDate": "{startDate}",
"EndDate": "{endDate}"
}
}
}

Providing market_fields and market_instrument_list_id as list .

In a different thread I got to know its possible to get the total RowCount of extract as Header in the response itself, could you help me how shall I get that programmatically (Any parameters to add/update in above REST body ? ) I want to test this using POSTMAN. We have been using python application which we migrated to scala one.

Many Thanks

tick-history-rest-apipricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@prachand2 - This is a private post

Considering your query, we moved it from the DSS to the TRTH forum (the ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest is a TRTH request), it seems more appropriate, and will help people discover it. AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@prachand2,

I'm sorry to say that is not possible. The Header/Footer functionality that delivers the RowCount is not available for the 4 Tick History extractions (ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest is one of them), it is only available for templates defined for scheduled DSS extractions, as discussed in this separate thread.

As a side note, I recommend you do not use the Extract end point, and replace it with the ExtractWithNotes endpoint. The Extract end point is being deprecated, as explained here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank You We will be updating the extract endpoint.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.