For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

Error while calling https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v1/cases/screeningRequest

i am getting the below error for any Rest call done.

Below the message call

Request body

{
"caseId": "my customer ID",
"name": "John Doe",
"providerTypes": ["WATCHLIST"]
}

Request header

Signature keyId="3a38e8e6-7f64-42af-9dee-615e2cc93007",algorithm="hmac-sha256", headers="(request-target) host date content-type content-length", signature="RZuDd0rKv4mxpyMrMIP+c425a7o/6TpKP2N3DYfZTe4="

world-checkworld-check-onescreening
v5uvz.png (32.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@rkhalil

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@rkhalil

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
2.4k 6 5 6

@rkhalil

You're receiving a 401 Unauthorized cause the request you're passing is incorrect, it lacks details such as groupId and entity type, please use the below payload to successfully screen the entity, John Doe.

{
"groupId": "{
                {group-id}}",
"entityType": "INDIVIDUAL",
"providerTypes": ["WATCHLIST"],
"secondaryFields": []
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

But those fields are not mandatory and i am using the sample provided in the world check one api documentation.

Also i don't have access on the following URL 

https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com
POST /v1/cases HTTP/1.1
Host: rms-world-check-one-api.thomsonreuters.com
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 20:51:35 GMT
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 88
Authorization: Signature keyId="4321",algorithm="hmac-sha256",
   headers="(request-target) host date content-type content-length",
   signature="Iktz/AdXHmDouNm6uBB8ZW0xcfNGuWGDxmX9TFMwuF0="

{
  "providerTypes": ["WATCHLIST"]
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Also i am still getting the same error after using the sample you provided above

Upvote
2.4k 6 5 6

@abdulwahab

Are you using postman?

icon clock
10 |1500

No i am trying the call from my java application and not Postman

Upvote
2.4k 6 5 6

@abdulwahab

Please find the snapshot from the documentation which states that the only caseId, custom and secondary fields are optional and details such as group Id, entityType, name and provider types are mandatory parameters to successfully screen, kindly try the payload that i provided earlier and let me know if you're able to screen.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

yes but secondary fields is optional

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@abdulwahab

The reason your request is failing is cause the date value being passed is incorrect, the date value in your request is 7th Jun 2016 , ensure a correctly synchronized clock is used to generate request timestamps.

icon clock
10 |1500

This date was provided in the sample.kindly provide the date that needs to be used as per your GMT time zone

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@abdulwahab

Yes, you can omit secondary fields and pass the remaining mandatory parameters, make sure that the date header value that you are sending is in sync with the NTP or the GMT clock for the API call to succeed. The difference with the API clock time shouldn’t be >30s. When it’s more than 30 seconds you get a 401.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

This date was provided in the sample.kindly provide the date that needs to be used as per your GMT time zone

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Also does the signature mandatory?and what is the value expected for the groupid

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@abdulwahab

The format of the date should be "Wed, 10 Apr 2019 08:12:21 GMT", please ensure that its synchronized with the GMT clock.

Yes its mandatory as it forms a part of the authorization header. Group Id value you can obtain by consuming the "SEQ-pre-groups: Get my top-level groups" API which should be the first API that must be called to fetch the group details.

icon clock
10 |1500

I am already using this format for the Date with GMT clock and still getting the same issue.Concerning the group id,can i generate a sequential number from my end as the group id is a string value

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@abdulwahab

Can you please provide me the complete request and response headers, you cannot generate a sequential number for the group Id value, group Ids are already available for your account which must be fetched from the API call I mentioned earlier. You're still getting an error even with the correct time format cause the group Id which is a mandatory parameter is not being passed. Let me know if you're facing dificulty in consuming the "SEQ-pre-groups: Get my top-level groups" API from postman.

icon clock
10 |1500

i passed a dummy value now for Groupid and still getting the same error.Concerning the Above api from where i can get the call of this API

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@abdulwahab

You cannot pass a dummy value, your groups have unique Ids assigned to them without which you cannot screen an entity, Kindly go through the quick start guide containing step by step guidelines on how to fetch the Top level group values.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/customer-and-third-party-screening/world-check-one-api/quick-start

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

As you suggested i checked the API under collection runner of postman,and found the below:

the request header is composed of 2 parameters Date and Authorization

the request body and response body are empty

Please advise what to send and provide a sample calling.below screenshot for your reference

pfhor.png (203.8 KiB)
ylf1p.png (200.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Moreover after importing the json files in postman and as you can see below all the requests are given the same error i got : 401 unauthorized

mtogc.png (193.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

Hi @abdulwahab

Have you added your API key & Secret to the postman? From the screenshot, I see that they are not added.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

where i can add the pi key and the secret key and do i need to re-import the json files?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
2.4k 6 5 6

@abdulwahab

As shown in the screenshot, click the button highlighted in the red box and edit the API key & Secret values and add the respective key and secret to it.

apikeysecret.png (198.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

this is what i get when i click on the mentioned button.there is no key or secret key section

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @abdulwahab,

Where you able to add your API key and secret as suggested above by @Mehran.Ahmed Khan?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.