question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

DACS webservice call to get Reports

Hello,

At my work we're trying to automate our process for the quarterly Datafeed Access Declaration. To do this, I'm looking for a webservice call to fetch this report automatically (without connecting from a web browser). I've looked at the DACS webservice calls available, but I don't see anything that could help. Did I miss something?

For information, We're using DACS 7.3.

Pierre-Yves

DACSopen-dacsreport-template
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @Pierre-Yves Rofes,

DACS WS API interface is mainly intended to efficiently manage DACS entities, for example, creating users and assigning entitlements, via API; to automate tasks that are commonly run in multiples and are repetitive via DACS UI.

I think, the closest to what you are looking for, reporting usage, will be getDacsRawUsageContents call.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Hello @zoya.farberov

Thanks for your answer. After i asked, I've seen this one, but when I try to run it, I get the following:

'aResult': { 'mResultText': 'FAILURE', 'mResultCode': 2096, 'mErrorText': 'The specified directory does not exist for the given site. (nothing to retrieve)' }, 'rawUsage': []

This is weird because when I generate the report and then download it from the web interface, it contains some data.

Note that the DACS instance on which I'm working is a dev instance so maybe it needs additional setup to be closer to our prod?

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @Pierre-Yves Rofes,

This is not unexpected, as in order for dacs web service to provide raw usage info, on the local dacs, usage has to be stored in files. By default, I believe usage info is not stored in files on dacs, only in dacs db. So this is likely what you are observing.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.