question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 6 11 15

ADH subscription

When I query via rmdsclient with item list of 11000 symbols, I see that the client received initial image and openLimit on ADH goes to 2000, then it stalls there for few seconds and then slowly increments. I see that during this time the updr rate from rmdstestclient is 0.0. Is ADH waiting for some kind of status message from the FeedHandler during this time? Why is the request sent slow from rmdsclient to FeedHandler. I am using UPA.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructure
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @Kam.Anjorin and @vishal.anand,

This question emerges as not on TREP APIs (this is a forum for developers to discuss Refinitiv API related questions) but rather on tuning your local TREP infra?

The moderators on this forum are API experts.

The kind of expertise you are are looking for, is best found in your local market data admin or group (they will be best informed on how your local infra is configured, what throttling and what permissions are in place), if you have consulted them on this question, and need further help, open a service case on

my.refinitiv.com

support->product ->the product does not work as expected

select product = Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform.

Or call Refinitiv to open a support case.

Will you be able to proceed, or would you like us to help open a support case on your behalf?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @vishal.anand,

Rmdstestclient is part of infrastructure tools package. It is a command line test consumer. It's main intended use cases are:

• to verify end-to-end data flow during installations or maintenance by operations/market data admin
  • to examine an understand the content by market data, operations, developers, any tech users
  • to verify permissions of a user on a specific content from the client side my market data teams

The tool is not intended for performance testing and it likely can not sustain the subscription request load that you are requesting.

Are you planning to do performance testing?

For a moderate performance testing, command line, by market data admin or similar infra knowledge tech, we recommend a combination of rmdstestclient and sink_driven_source from infra tools package.

For heavy or advanced capabilities performance testing, we recommend shell script and GUI driven ReplayService product.

We hope that this info is of help,

-AHS

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks. We are not doing performance testing. We are using rmdsclient to query 11k symbols and we find that ADH sends few symbol subscription request and we are able to see the number grows to 1150 quickly but then it stalls and the number of opens grows very sluggishly. Wanted to know why does the FeedHandler not receive all the request continuously from rmdsclient and ADH. I have checked ADH logs as well

Hello @vishal.anand

rmdstestclient is a simple test client, it is not designed to handle a subscription to 11k symbols.

If you are looking to examine in detail the contents of for a specific single symbol, or several symbols, it's the right tool to use.

If you are looking to consume 11k symbols, the correct approach is to create an efficient custom client, using one of our APIs. I would suggest Elektron suite, Message API.

Upvotes
21 2 6 9

The question is not about rmdstestclient. As a Refinitive customer, we know rmdstestclient is part of the infrastructure. The more appropriate question is: If a client, whether by RFA or UPA, sends significant symbol requests (more than 3000 symbol requests) via ADS/ADH, we observe that ADS/ADH sends 64 requests initially, and then sends another, may be, 1000. The ADH then stop sending more. We observe that after a few seconds, sometimes up to a minute, it then sends more requests to the interactive provider. Our env is Linux Redhat Enterprise - UPA8.0.0.L1.linux.rrg. Does ADH do flow control (and also ADS)? And if so, what configuration parameters are there and in what file?

NOTICE: The interactive provider responds within milliseconds to all the symbol requests it receives from ADH. That is, all the initial images are sent back immediately. The ADHMon screen confirms this, too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.