question

Upvotes
16 1 0 2

I am sending and canceling orders via excel VBA and Redi on 150 stocks. Redi crashes after a certain period of time, I will often get this response "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action."

I am sending orders, canceling those orders and resubmitting them using VBA based upon various input parameters. I have about 150 stocks in Excel which I use as my front end. The problem I am running into is Redi crashes after a certain period of time, typically 30 min depending on market volatility and how much the program has to work. I will often get this response "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action." I do not know if I am asking too much of Redi and Excel VBA and should use RediFix but I would like to not have to go that route. Thanks for any help!!

excelredi-apivbaATS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
410 1 1 3

Hi @kris_mcc,

I think it's best if you reach out to your account manager. He/she is best positioned to help troubleshoot the issue (and recommend other solutions if needed).

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My account manager put me in touch with the developer community.

Upvote
16 1 0 2

Based upon my own research, apparently RediPlus uses OLE COM which requires that incoming messages be processed in a timely manner. When they are not you will typically see the messages I am seeing. So I believe that is the problem. I must read the messages coming back from Redi, even if just throw them away (so to speak). Are there any examples in either the documentation from Redi or any code examples on how to read the messages

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
410 1 1 3

@kris_mcc,

We have a few ideas here. I'll reach out to your account manager so we can arrange time to review with you.

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.