question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

How to append historical instruments to an instrument list through the REST API?

From the Tick History User Guide, to add an Instrument to a list we provide this body:
{ "Identifiers": [ { "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Search.HistoricalSearchResult",

"Identifier": "IBM.N",

"IdentifierType": "Ric" } ],

"KeepDuplicates": true }

Is there any body key value for allowing historical instruments? (Like we have on OnDemmand requests: "ValidationOptions": { "AllowHistoricalInstruments": true }) Where can I find all key values for this add instrument request body?

tick-history-rest-apiricshistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@rodrigogaf, tThank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@rodrigogaf

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@rodrigogaf,

To be able to append a historical instrument, you need to change the user preferences, to enable "Allow Import of Historical Instruments". This can be done in the user preferences GUI:

Once that is done your append command via the API will work fine.

allowhistopref.png (4.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @rodrigogaf,

Depending on what request you are looking to use.

Are you looking to run HistoricalSearch request

{ {protocol}}{ {host}}{ {api}}Search/HistoricalSearch

?

Then there can only be one instrument passed, but the result will return the found instruments within date range in history, without specifying additional validation options such as AllowHistoricalInstruments = true

{
  "Request": {
    "Identifier": "US4592001014",
    "IdentifierType": "Isin",
    "Range": {
      "Start": "2008-01-01T00:00:00.000Z",
      "End": "2008-01-01T00:00:00.000Z"
    }
  }
}

Are you looking to run Historical Reference Extraction

{ {protocol}}{ {host}}{ {api}}Extractions/Extract

?

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.HistoricalReferenceExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "RIC", "CUSIP", "ISIN", "SEDOL", "Issuer OrgID", "Exchange Code", "Currency Code", "Change Date"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                {
                    "Identifier": "00209tab1",
                    "IdentifierType": "Cusip"
                },
                {
                    "Identifier": "IBM.N",
                    "IdentifierType": "Ric"
                },
                {
                    "Identifier": "US4592001014",
                    "IdentifierType": "Isin"
                },
                {
                    "Identifier": "B1YW440",
                    "IdentifierType": "Sedol"
                }
            ],
            "ValidationOptions": {"AllowHistoricalInstruments": true},
            "UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false
        },
        "Condition": {
          "StartDate": "2017-05-01T00:00:00.000Z",
            "EndDate": "2017-05-31T23:59:59.000Z"
        }
    }
}

Then you will pass the ValidationOptions like above.

I hope this helps, otherwise, please indicate what request you are asking about.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Not solved yet. This is my request:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/InstrumentLists('MY_INSTRUMENT_LIST_ID')/ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.InstrumentListAppendIdentifiers
Authorization: Token 
Content-Type: application/json
Accept-Charset: UTF-8
Prefer: respond-async
{
 	"Identifiers": [
 		{
 			"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Search.HistoricalSearchResult",
 			"Identifier": "DOLF18",
 			"IdentifierType": "Ric"
 		}
	 ],
	 "KeepDuplicates": true
}

As I see, with this request I want the expired future contract with Ric 'DOLF18' in the instrument list associated with the ID: 'MY_INSTRUMENT_LIST_ID'. When I run this request I get 'Ric not found'.

However, the Ric exists and can be found with a Historical Search in DataScope where I can add it manually to my instrument list, but I want to add through the REST API.

So, my question is: How can I and add historical instruments to my instruments list trough the REST API using the end point bellow?

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/InstrumentLists('MY_INSTRUMENT_LIST_ID')/ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.InstrumentListAppendIdentifiers

Is there any parameters that I should add in my request body?
Thank you!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Thank you @Christiaan Meihsl! It works now.

icon clock
10 |1500

Great, glad to hear that :-)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.