Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

Connection Actively Refused 127.0.0.1:36036

I am writing a simple `Hello World` connection to my Eikon instance, but it will return the error `Connection Actively Refused 127.0.0.1:36036` on every call. The code I am using is:

IEikon eikon = Eikon.CreateDataAPI();
                eikon.SetAppKey("2cdaf3fe86axxxxxxa5c71b0273ec822a9beaeff");
                var response = eikon.GetNewsHeadlines(); // here it throws the Error

I have been also using this library as base structure for the examples: https://github.com/TR-API-Samples/Article.EikonDataAPI.DotNet.Library.

Anyone has any idea of why the connection is refused? Should I just go with the Python samples instead?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@johnprzv, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@johnprzv
As far as I can see you're not a customer of Refinitiv and you're not subscribing to any Refinitiv products. You're a customer of the company named Metastock and you're subscribing to their product named Metastock Xenith, which includes an abridged retail version of Eikon. With this product you don't have access to Eikon APIs. If you'd like to use Eikon APIs you need to subscribe to to a variant of Eikon that includes Eikon Data APIs from Refinitiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @johnprzv

Do you have Product ID regarding your app key?
So I can check and confirm if the app key is valid or not.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Of course,

Product ID: METASTOCKRETAILHDC.MYTESTAPPLICATION

App Key: 2cdaf3fe86a04f388a5c71b0273ec822a9beaeff

Of course,

Product ID: METASTOCKRETAILHDC.MYTESTAPPLICATION

App Key: 2cdaf3fe86a04f388a5c71b0273ec822a9beaeff

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@johnprzv try port 9000

icon clock
10 |1500

It returns the same response using Port=9000

It returns the same error using port 9000.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.