For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 5 5 9

Can Elektron be installed on separate machine than RFA.net application

Hello,

I'm using EZD - Elektron 1.2 wrapped by RFA.Net. In order to separate between testing and production environments I'd like to know if there is an option to run RFA.Net application that uses EZD - Elektron installed on another machine, or RFA.Net application must be in the same machine as the EZD-Elektron resides in.

Thanks!

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrfa
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

That is the correct configuration line.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

It should be possible. Netstat shows that EZD is listening on all the interfaces of the machine.

TCP    0.0.0.0:14002          MTCbon2:0              LISTENING

You will have to ensure the relevant ports are open in the firewall (14002 and/or 8101).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 5 5 9

Thanks for your response.

How do I configure that I'm listening to events in another machine. Means, if the EZD installed in machine x and I have machine y with RFA.Net application. How do machine y will listen to events fired from EZD located in machine x (and vice versa)?

Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

@aharonya Here are the steps you will have to take:

1. Install and start EZD on the server machine and verify it is successfully connected to head-end (check ezd logs)
  2. Punch the server firewall to allow incoming connection on ports 14002 and 8101
  3. Note the server's IP address
  4. Ensure that your RFA machine can see and connect to the server machine. (Use ping and telnet the port 14002)
  5. Configure the RFA.NET application to now connect to the server IP address instead of the localhost.
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 5 5 9

@Gurpreet. Thanks again. Regarding the step 5, do you mean the configuration is in this line (under EZDConnectionConfiguration.cfg file)?

\Connections\Connection_RSSL\hostName= "127.0.0.1"

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.