question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

DACS building PE Maps

Hi, I am attempting to write a DACS integration for a middleware product. The middleware product itself does not directly interact with the subscription infrastructure and has no way to get at the DACS locks for particular instruments.

What I am attempting to do is to collect the User's PE list upon login to our middleware product and then use that to permission data that is plumbed through the system to end users. I have two problems:

1) I need to look up the DACS loc to get the PE List and condition for a particular Instrument (say AAPL.O). I have access to the set of subscribed instrument names for this particular part. While I have looked at the examples in the java library, I can only find ways to map PE's to known subservices (say NYS), not a particular instrument. Again, I am _not_ performing subscriptions and do not have another way to get access to the DACS lock for the instrument.

~~2) I have been unable to get getPEList() to return anything other than an empty list for any user, even using the example java programs. I have gone through the DACS API to ensure that there are, indeed, permissions enabled for the user I am using to test with, log-in is working and if I just happen to know a PE for something (CSCO.O. PE 74 (NAS1)) I can get a permission allowed response from the example with a properly configured UI, and if I revoke the permissions in the UI can see that change to a permission denied for the same user.~~

My questions are the following:

1) How do I get the PE List + Condition for a particular instrument . (DACSLock) given only the instrument name.

~~2) What needs to be done to get a non-empty PE list?~~ . I have figured this one out, My permissions from the UI were missing an item.

I am more than happy to provide code snippets from my integration efforts to illustrate what I have tried.

DACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@andrewbaranec, thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hello @andrewbaranec

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @andrewbaranec,

1. PE list code per instrument can not be retrieved via OpenDACS calls.

• PE codes assigned per user can be retrieved by via OpenDACS (getPEList)
  • PE per instrument can be retrieved by realtime subscription from Elektron (fid=PROD_PERM)
  • or indirectly used by OpenDACS in determining checkSubscription
  • or manually retrieved, via Product Code Lookup Tool on my.refinitiv.com , search for "Product Code Lookup"

2. Thanks for letting us know, it may help other member of the developer community

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.