Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 0 1

General Questions about Python API

So I'm looking around data providers to see which one satisfies our needs best. We are interested in the US Equity market, commodities, derivatives ( options, futures, forwards). Does the Eikon Python API cover all these areas? Are there any data that's available on the Eikon terminal, but not accessible via Python API yet? Are there any limits (daily / monthly) on the data retrieving through Python, if yes what are the limits?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Your questions would be best directed to Refinitiv Sales team, which you can reach following the link below.
https://www.refinitiv.com/en/contact-sales
If you're interested in market data (real-time or delayed pricing from market sources), then this data is available through Eikon Data APIs for retrieval into Python, albeit currently only as snapshot retrieval. Streaming capability is expected later this year.
There's indeed some data that's available in Eikon terminal, but not available through Eikon Data APIs. For details it's best to speak with Refinitiv Sales.
Yes, there are data retrieval throttles in place that limit the amount of data you can retrieve using Eikon Data APIs. For details see this document. If you still have any questions, it would be best to discuss them with Refinitiv Sales.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your reply. Actually I reached out to the sales team, and they sent me the link to this forum, asking me to post my questions about API here. I will try to reach out to them again tomorrow.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.