Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

ek.set_app_key / name 'EikonError' is not defined

I've installed and imported the eikon library successfully and I was able to generate the Eikon Data API but then I tried running (with the my own key, not the one below)

ek.set_app_key(''8e5a3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx21b031c')

and I'm getting this error:

name 'EikonError' is not defined

What should I do?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapp-key
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

This issue will be fixed with the next version (it should be published this end of month).

In the meantime, you can update Profile.py file in eikon library with following added line in import section:
from .eikonError import EikonError

Then, you should have the error message :
<Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.>

That means eikon module didn't identify connection port number of Eikon Proxy.
=> did you start and connect Eikon successfully ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

How do I update the Profile.py?

If I just try running:

from .eikonError import EikonError

I get:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '__main__.eikonError'; '__main__' is not a package

in the command line, you can type ```pip show eikon``` it will give you the library physical location:

if you go to this location, you can open Profile.py in the code editor of your choice and add the missing line.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.