Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

how long is the trial api valid for and has it full access to all data, including news?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @demian

You can visit this website.

And fill in the form to request for trial.

You will be able to know how long the trail will be given out to you.

Edit: I do not know the answer, so I am redirecting you to the team who handles trial request. You can ask account related questions to the team.

eikon-demo.jpg (174.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

The use of Eikon Data APIs is predicated on having an active Eikon account subscribing to a variant of Eikon that includes access to Eikon Data APIs.
I suppose you're considering starting an Eikon trial or already have one, and you're enquiring if you'll be able to use Eikon Data APIs with your trial account. The answer is yes, as long as your Eikon trial account is active and as long as the variant of Eikon you're trialing includes Eikon Data APIs.
The data entitlements are identical whether you view data in Eikon application, retrieve it into Excel or using Eikon Data APIs. However not all data assets available through Eikon have been exposed through Eikon Data APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Thanks Alex. How long is the trial you give out?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Oh yeah? You mean that if I sign up for the trial they will tell me how long it lasts? Amazing.

But maybe mine was just an honest question. Anybody has an honest answer?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @demian

I do not have an answer for your question on trial period.

So I am trying to direct you to the appropriate contact point.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@demian
This forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs. The moderators on this forum have neither the expertise nor the authority to answer sales related questions such as "what's the price of this or that service", "do you offer discounts" or "how long will my free trial last". As @chavalit.jintamalit correctly pointed out, the best resource to get answers to sales related questions is the Refinitv Sales team, which you can reach following the link provided by @chavalit.jintamalit.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.