Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
97 10 12 13

symbology (sedol to ric)

I am getting 'No best match available' on many sedols although I can get Rics using excel plugin

=TR('BWY54W4','TR.RIC')

Any suggestions?

-------------------------------------- code to reproduce -------------------

import eikon as ek
import pandas as pd
sedols = ['BWY54W4','B17MT31','BD60093']
data=ek.get_symbology(sedols, from_symbol_type='SEDOL', to_symbol_type=['RIC']);

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricssymbologysedol
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @newuser

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@newuser

Is this still outstanding for you?

If the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

See the answer to similar question on this thread.
For explanation of "Error code 429 | Client Error: Too Many Requests" see Eikon Data APIs Usage and Guidelines document.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Do you know why it can't find matches on these sedols?

I have many many more examples where sedols won't map in eikon api but maps using Excel Plugin.

Sedols to RICs do not have a one to one relationship. If you're looking to get the primary RIC corresponding to a SEDOL your best bet is to use get_data method rather than get_symbology.

ek.get_data(['BWY54W4','B17MT31','BD60093'], ['TR.RIC'])
Upvotes
97 10 12 13

now I am getting different error. Is there a data limit and how can I check?

Error code 429 | Client Error: Too Many Requests - Too many requests, please try again later.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.