question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 6 11 15

Market Price Response Status

A17 error "Source did not respond" is the status received by rmdsclient. When I check ADH log, I can see that it received the refreshMsg but did not forward it to rmdsclient. The drop form ADH still shows 0 and then ADH sends unsubscribe.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepADHrmds-test-client
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @vishal.anand

The message 'A7 source did not respond' is generated by the ADS after it requests an instrument from a known valid service, but does not receive a response for the item and the item retry limit has been reached.

Therefore, this would indicate that the ADH is not sending the instrument to the ADS / it is not receiving the item from the ADH for some reason.

As mentioned above, I recommend you contact the TREP helpdesk so that can work with you to investigate this issue in more detail.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @vishal.anand

RMDSTestClient should be connecting to the ADS - the Advanced Distribution server - which in turn sources the the data from the ADH.

Are you trying to connect rmdstestclient to the ADH?

If you are new to our APIs, I recommend you read the QuickStartGuide or APIConceptsGuide for your chosen API - to get a better high level understanding of the different infrastructure components.

If you do continue to have issues with your ADS or ADH connectivity I recommend you create a support ticket for the TREP support desk using MyRefinitiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
34 6 11 15

My mistake. The rmdsclient connects to ADS. The request for subscription is sent via ADS to ADH and then to Feed Handler. The Feed handler responds via refresh Msg. Most of the message I see being receied by ADH and finally received by rmdstestclient. Sometimes I see the refreshMsg being received by ADH as per the adh log but it does not seem to be received by rmdstest client and finally I see "(Text: "A7: Source did not respond.")" form rmdstestclient.

Is there a way to log ADS also on what is being sent form it and received by it in XML entire content?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.