Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

R connection problem port 9000

Hello

I get this error message when trying to connect to server from R. Any ideas what is wrong ?

Thanks

> library(eikonapir)
> eikonapir::set_proxy_port(9000L) # port 9000L is for windows – for mac please use port 36036L
> eikonapir::set_app_id("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")
> result <- get_symbology(list("MSFT.O", "GOOG.O", "IBM.N"),"RIC",list("ISIN"),raw_ouput = FALSE,debug=FALSE)
Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) : Failed to connect to localhost port 9000: Connection refused

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apireikon-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
104 8 10 13

Could be you're just not logged in to Eikon. For me to be able to run R scripts I need to open Windows Eikon and only then run the R script. The message you posted is the message I get if I run the script without opening Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Hello,

Basically, if you're running your script within Eikon 4 on Windows, that means you're not allowed because you don't have the right variant version (Eikon Core is not allowed).

Did you run successfully before ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Hello

Thanks for your answer. I'm a new user of Eikon, so this is the first time I use it and it never worked before. I use Eikon 4 on windows and R 3.5.3 (through Rstudio)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Great. Many thanks it works now with Eikon windows open.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.