question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

When a market quote gets lifted or pulled does the RFA API sends us zero bid/ask or just sends blank data ?

Today for the RIC: LCO5500L1 a market quote was briefly visible but then the market disappeared (or whoever showed the market on the exchange, pulled it). However we did not receive a 0 bid/ask quote for that RIC via the RFA API. Can someone please confirm why that wasn't the case ? Or how do we deal with such scenarios. Our application does not want to show a market that does not exist on the exchange anymore. However the RFA API does not send us a zero bid/ask

treprfarfa-apipricingmarket
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @osman.anwar

As mentioned - the API does not apply any logic to the data / mark fields as blank. The RFA API will pass onto your application what it receives from the server.

If a quote was pulled then surely you would receive a blank instead - sending 0 for BID / ASK would indicate an actual quote of price 0 for BID / ASK ?

Please go ahead and check with the content team for confirmation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @osman.anwar

Did you receive any updates for that RIC at all - around the time of the above market activity? Is it possible you received blank / empty fields in an update and you discarded the update?

RFA is 'data agnostic' in the sense that it will just send you what it receives from the server - it does not apply any business / market logic etc to the data.

The best approach here is to contact the Helpdesk and create a Content type query. The Content team can check the tick history and determine what was sent and when.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

We only process that that is not blank i.e if (!RFA.Common.data.IsBlank)

I would imagine RFA would NOT mark it as blank if it is a 0 bid/ask. In Eikon I can see that the bid/ask is 0

I'll raise it with the content team to see what they say.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

I see thanks - infact I did find a case in which this was discussed reference (06623668)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.