Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 27 33 35

Starting Eikon/Proxy API application from Python.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience trying to automate Eikon related code/applications from Python. I'm trying to make some scripts to require the less human interaction possible, including "Starting" and "Closing" the Eikon API (or the API Proxy as a secondary option).

I don't know what could be the best approach to take here, so I was wondering if you guys had any advice on how should I tackle this in the best way possible.

I'd be happy to know! Thanks and take care.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I guess what you're asking is how to programmatically launch and terminate Eikon application on Windows, right? Eikon is an end user product. It is not meant to be used in completely automated totally non interactive processes. If this is your goal, there's no recommended way of achieving it. If you're just looking to programmatically launch Eikon on your machine, it couldn't be easier. Just run eikon.exe. There's no recommended way of programmatically closing Eikon, and there's no way to work around interactive prompt to enter Eikon user account credentials that you may see for a number of reasons including the weekly auto logoff on weekends and exclusive sign on event (when your Eikon user account is used to sign on to Eikon platform from another machine).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.