Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 4

API download Error

Hello,

I am trying to install the Eikon Windows API but I get a download error as I try to open the installation file and also an RFA error is showing. I would like to know what can I do to install correctly and if this API contains also the python API.

Thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@gamma_long
I'm not sure I understand. As far as I can see the download of "Eikon API Proxy - Windows" under the link you specified only contains the readme file. So, I'm not sure what you tried to run and how you experienced the errors you mentioned. In any case if you use Eikon on Windows and you installed Eikon application, you don't need to install Eikon API Proxy, as it is embedded within Eikon application, as stated on the Downloads page you referenced. Please follow the Quick Start Guide to get going with Eikon Data APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

@gamma_long more information on what you are doing is needed. Where did you download the Eikon API from. RFA and Eikon API are completely different beasts. Python is the only supported language for Eikon API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 4

Thank you Gurpreet, I downloaded the Eikon API Proxy - Windows from here:

https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api/downloads

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
22k 58 14 21

What is the error message when you download and install it. The proxy needs Eikon installed and running on the same machine, and isn't even needed with the latest version of Eikon on Windows.

See the Eikon python API quickstart and tutorials here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 4

Thank you Alex, I could install correctly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.