Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 26 32 35

Find or calculate intraday volatility.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you knows how to get the intraday volatility using Eikon API for Python. Or at least, if you knew any CF_ or TR formulas that could serve as snapshots for such value. The closest thing to what I've seen is the 2-day volatility TR formula but I want to know if I can get closer to what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistoricalvolatility
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @aquilesjlp300,

Unfortunately, there are no pre-defined historical volatility indicators less than the 2-day volatility. However, you can of course calculate intraday historical volatility by capturing intraday prices using the get_timeseries() method call over any period you choose. Here is one reference you can use.

thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Nick! This will be helpful indeed, thanks! :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.