question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 3 3 3

EMA Consumer113 connection issue to EDP over 14002

Hi,

I am trying to run Consumer113 in the EMA samples and get the following error..

mei 22, 2019 11:52:32 AM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback
WARNING: loggerMsg
    ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
    Severity: Warning
    Text:    Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_5
	RsslReactor @3b2da18f
	RsslChannel @45018215
	Error Id 0
	Internal sysError 0
	Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent
	Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Could not read POST HTTP OK
loggerMsgEnd

The configuration looks like this:

<Channel>
	<Name value="Channel_5"/>
	<ChannelType value="ChannelType::RSSL_HTTP"/>
	<CompressionType value="CompressionType::None"/>
	<GuaranteedOutputBuffers value="5000"/>
	<Host value="amer-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com"/>
	<Port value="14002"/>
	<!-- ObjectName is optional: defaulted to ""-->
	<ObjectName value=""/>
</Channel>

Startup parameters used are

-username GE-A-00203519-3-1140 -password <password> -clientId 2d2114ad2d2448c8bc4c052da2ae11297e44412b -keyfile laptop_keystore.jks -keypasswd 123456
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @erol.komac

If you continue to have issues, you can try two other things:

1. try creating a new keystore file using this simplified guide
  2. specify the exact location of the keystore file on the command line parameters as an absolute path including the folder e.g.
 gradlew.bat runconsumer113 -PcommandLineArgs="-username GE-A-01103123-3-123 -password <mypassword> -keyfile C:/keystore/unkeystore.jks -keypasswd ABCD123"

Notice the '/' I am using in the path and not a '\' which will generate an error.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @erol.komac

Have you worked through the EMA Quick Start - Connecting to Elektron Real Time in Cloud on this website which uses the 450 example?

Please ensure you have completed the above before attempting the 113 example to confirm the credentials etc are valid.

Also, if you refer to the source of the 113 example, you will note that it uses a config group 'Consumer_3'. If you refer to the EmaConfig.xml which is included in the example 113 folder, the Consumer_3 config references the 'Channel_4' config which has an 'RSSL_ENCRYPTED' ChannelType. Therefore, it is unclear why you have chosen to use Channel_5 which is configured for RSSL_HTTP channel type?

The above choice of Consumer_3 and local EmaConfig.xml is mentioned in the README file which is also present in the 113 folder.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 3 3 3

Hi @Umer Nalla,

Was testing as it did not work and did not notice they were different! I have changed back and get the following error:

mei 22, 2019 12:40:38 PM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback
WARNING: loggerMsg
    ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
    Severity: Warning
    Text:    Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_3
	RsslReactor @53ca01a2
	RsslChannel @358c99f5
	Error Id 0
	Internal sysError 0
	Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent
	Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Connection refused: no further information
loggerMsgEnd

I did see a remark that i might need to import the server certificate into my keyfile? Could that be the cause that the connection is refused??

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/building-keystore-file-be-used-https-or-encrypted-connection-type-real-time-java-based-apis

Also where should the EmaConfig.xml file be? When running the code in VCS it gets it from the root of my open folder.

However when using gradlew it says (OmmConsumerConfigImpl::consumerName parameter [Consumer_3] is an non-existent consumer name) and i think it does not know where the config file is.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @erol.komac

The config file should be in the applications working directory - i.e. which ever directory is the active one when the application is being executed.

Have you worked through the Quick Start with example 450 as advised above? Please do so first - as this uses programmatic config and therefore should eliminate any configuration / file location errors on your part.

If you are unable to get the 450 example to run then this could be due to a issue with your Keystore file. If that is the case then I recommend you raise a Support Ticket so they can investigate in detail offline.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @erol.komac

Please work through the QuickStart as advised above - the 450 example uses programmatic config and should eliminate any config setting / file location errors on your part.

If you cannot get the QuickStart to work, then I recommend you raise a support ticket

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.