For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 1

Universal Close Price of -9999401in TimeSeriesExtractionRequest for exchange holidays using REST API

When requesting Universal Close Price for some futures contracts on exchange holidays, the price is returned as -9999401 or -9999402. I get this when using the REST API. The prices are invalid, is there a way I can determine from the API that the day in question is an exchange holiday?

Here's some Postman code:

{
"ExtractionRequest": {
"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TimeSeriesExtractionRequest",
"ContentFieldNames": [
"Universal Close Price",
"Trade Date",
"Asset Status",
"Trading Status",
"Official Close Price"
],
"IdentifierList": {
"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
"InstrumentIdentifiers": [
{"Identifier": "CCc1", "IdentifierType": "Ric"}
]
},
"Condition": {
"StartDate": "2019-05-09T00:00:00.000-05:00",
"EndDate": "2019-05-12T00:00:00.000-05:00"
}
}
}

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsspricingexchange-holidays
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@michaeljbutton, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

@michaeljbutton,

I have done some research and found that the returned value is NULL codes. Please see this link for definitions. You may use the values to get reason of null value.

nullcodes.png (41.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@michaeljbutton,

Official Close Price:

I just ran your query in Postman, it returns 2 records (9th and 10th May):

"Contents": [
        {
            "IdentifierType": "Ric",
            "Identifier": "CCc1",
            "Universal Close Price": 2330,
            "Trade Date": "2019-05-10",
            "Asset Status": "ISS",
            "Trading Status": 1,
            "Official Close Price": null
        },
        {
            "IdentifierType": "Ric",
            "Identifier": "CCc1",
            "Universal Close Price": null,
            "Trade Date": "2019-05-09",
            "Asset Status": "ISS",
            "Trading Status": 1,
            "Official Close Price": null
        }
    ],

Strangely, I cannot reproduce the negative value for the UCP field you mention, I get either a positive or a null value. I get exactly the same output if I replace the Timeseries call with a PriceHistory call (as per the note below).

Can you still reproduce the issue in Postman ? If yes, can you post the complete output here please ?

Important side note:

Please note that the legacy TimeSeries Pricing extraction will be removed end February 2020, the more powerful PriceHistory extraction replaces it. Our tutorials, and the Postman collection, were updated in May 2019 to reflect this. If you are using the TimeSeries call, you must plan to modify your code. As part of the migration process, it is important to understand that, in some instances, field content extracted from the TimeSeries report will be available under different field names in the PriceHistory report. It is also possible that some previously populated values in the TimeSeries report will be blank in the PriceHistory report. This is due to data mapping changes. For more information, please refer to the Product Change Notification PCN 10897.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14
@michaeljbutton

I am able to replicate the same value, -9999401. If I uncheck the "Return Null Code Values in Extraction Pricing Fields" in the User Preferences, the "Universal Close Price" field will return null instead.

Please directly contact DSS support team via MyRefinitiv. In the product field, select "Reuters DataScope Select".

icon clock
10 |1500

The preference setting is interesting, and might be the key to a solution.

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

Thank you both for your replies. Useful to know that TimeSeriesExtractionRequest is being removed, and VERY useful to understand about the "Return Null Code Values in Extraction Pricing Fields" user preference, I didn't know that existed and now it makes sense. And also where the documentation was.

I am interested to see how Price History handles values for which negatives are acceptable e.g. spreads? I will look through the docs though once I have been given access.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.