For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 3 3

Posting with WebSocket API: "A29: Post message did not contain permission data."

Hi, I'm trying the "Posting" capabilities of the WebSockets API. However, I keep getting the following error:

"NakCode": "AccessDenied",
    "Text": "A29: Post message did not contain permission data.",

My post message is:

{
  "Ack": true,
  "Domain": "MarketPrice",
  "ID": 2,
  "Message": {
    "Domain": "MarketPrice",
    "Fields": {
      "ASK": 45.57,
      "BID": 45.55,
    },
    "ID": 0,
    "Type": "Update"
  },
  "PostID": 1,
  "PostUserInfo": {
    "Address": "10.XX.XX.XX", 	# My IP address
    "UserID": 5555		# Not sure what to use here?
  },
  "Type": "Post"
}

I'm following the documentation at:

WebSocket API Try it Now! Documentation

Implementing Elektron API applications to work with ATS

Your help is very much appreciated!

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtoposting
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Joris H.,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Joris H.

Please refer to the following two posts which contain relevant information - one is specific to Websocket, the other is for a different API.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/35300/websocket-contribution-to-an-ats-which-use-peppe-p.html

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/26611/contribution-fails-to-ric-in-a-containerbu-on-ats.html

So, you will need to check the entitlement requirements with your Market Data team / ATS Admnistrator and then encode a PermData value in your PostMsg as described in the first post above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Joris H.,

Are you by chance able to share an update on this question?

Sharing your findings would be of interest to the developer community and would save time for developers with similar questions.

Thanks

Upvotes
0 3 3 2

Hi @umer.nalla , I am getting the same error as below:

text="A29: Post message did not contain permission data."

Can you please let me know some example to set the permission data using EMA api?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @ajay.gupta

Whilst I cannot find a specific EMA example, you should find the following two articles helpful

Visible Publisher Identifier | Refinitiv Developers

Implementing Elektron API applications to work with ATS - Part 1 | Refinitiv Developers

Hello @ajay.gupta

You can set the permission data via the following EMA Java function:

PostMsg.permissionData(java.nio.ByteBuffer permissionData);

You can see how to create a DACS Lock (permission data) in ETA Java AuthLockExample application. The example is available at <RTSDK-2.0.0.L1 package>\Java\Eta\Applications\Examples\src\main\java\com\refinitiv\eta\examples\authlock folder.

Upvotes
0 3 3 2

Hi @wasin.waeosri @umer.nalla , Thanks for your response. I tried doing it like the AuthLockExample and I get a different error now: The error is:

Nack Code: AccessDenied
Text: The supplied lock is not a DACS lock
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @ajay.gupta

Could you please share the snippet code, the data that you pass to the PostMsg.permissionData() function, and the XML trace file? Please see the "XML trace" section of this article for more detail about how to enable the XML trace file.

I suggest you check the entitlement requirements with your Market Data team / ATS Administrator.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.