question

Upvotes
1 0 2 1

Fetching daily data into a monthly workfile in eviews does not give me the latest value

In the new datastream online database. I am downloading LCPCASH into a monthly workfile: fetch(d=datastream,c=l) LCPCASH. The value being downloaded for May does not correspond to yesterday's close.

datadatastream-apidsws-apifundamental-dataeviews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Escalated to DSWS Escalation Support

Contacted DSWS Escalation Support to provide an answer.

Upvotes
1.1k 3 3 3

Hi @erik.franco,

This is normal behavior of this type of requests. Datastream takes the data for this current start date (e.g. 1st Jan) and then values of 1st of Jan day of each next month are visible as monthly results.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Monika.Stankovic,

Could you please take another look at this question, as

developer has submitted some additional comments?

Thanks

Hello @Monika.Stankovic,

Could please take a look into the additional information below?

Thanks

with all respect, but this is highly problematic; i have also noted that the fetch is fully insensitive if one is fetching data via last, or first, or first excluding uncomplete months, etc... datastream will always return just the first value of the month... this is clearly a bug!

Upvotes
1 0 2 1

Hi Monika,

The bug I reported was in eviews. The (c=l) function is supposed to return the last day of the month or the most recent data point.

Below is the eviews code I used to retrieve the data, and the output.

-----------------------------------------

wfcreate(wf = "", page = "monthly") m 2019 2019

fetch(d=datastream,c=l) S&Pcomp(pi)

----------------------------------------------------

icon clock
10 |1500

@paul.bacon, could you please take a look at this question, as the customer

submitted some additional comments? Thanks, AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.