For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 3 5

Delay on API response

We report an issue two times before related to late response when call Reuter Service API, it take around 24 minutes to make data extraction .You told me to check with network and security teams to ensure that no anything block the service request and they confirm that .it’s a critical point from our side and we need to know if there are wrong implementation from our side .kindly find below the code I use it when extract data using ISIN identifier .Kindly advise.

Code :

var extractionRequest = new TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest
{
  IdentifierList = InstrumentIdentifierList.Create(new[] {
    new InstrumentIdentifier { Identifier = "EGS69101C011", IdentifierType = IdentifierType.Isin }
  }, null, false),
  ContentFieldNames = new[] {"Company Name","Currency Code","ISIN","Issue Price","Issuer Name","MIC List","MIC","SEDOL","SICC","SICC Sector Code","Ticker","Trading Symbol","Trading Status","Official Name","Operating MIC" }
};
var extractionResult = ExtractionsContext.ExtractWithNotes(extractionRequest);

Thanks and Regards

Mostafa Seif

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssresponsedelayed-feed
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @rshehata,

hank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@rshehata, 24 seconds is an expected and reasonable extraction time for this query, so it seems to me that there is no issue here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@rshehata,

I have just tested the same query as you, 3 times, in Postman. It delivered data in less than 30 seconds each time. Here is the body of the request:

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "Company Name","Currency Code","ISIN","Issue Price","Issuer Name","MIC List","MIC","SEDOL","SICC","SICC Sector Code","Ticker","Trading Symbol","Trading Status","Official Name","Operating MIC"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                { "Identifier": "EGS69101C011", "IdentifierType": "Isin" }
            ]
        }
    }
}

I then made a modification of the .Net tutorial 8 code (if you want to experiment with it, the entire code is available under the downloads tab, you can then replace file Program.cs with the attached program.zip). The modification was to add, after the tutorial code, in the Main program, your code (I had to adapt it very slightly), in lines 88 - 106. I ran this several times, the response times were similar, both for the tutorial code and your code, systematically less than 30 seconds.

Can you try running this code on your infrastructure (first insert your credentials in lines 30 and 31), to see what extraction times you get ?

Also, answering the following queries might help:

• Do you get 24 minutes extraction time systematically, or only once in a while ?
  • Is that for only 1 ISIN, or is it for more (how many) ?

program.zip (3.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 2 3 5

I'm sorry i need to update my case that the time taken 24 seconds not 24 minutes .I'm so sorry .

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.