question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 3 5

I was wondering how I can stop making the Bid, ASK and Last field automatically populate from the REDI API in my order entry tool in excel, it might be coded into the VBA somewhere in the sheet, i am not sure how to fix it

apiredi-apivbaorder-entry
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @mjc,

This appears to be a duplicate of

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/43884/view.html

how did it go, have you got through this or the question remains relevant?

Hello @mjc

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @mjc,

Use

Menu -> Developer -> View Code

to edit code.

From the code, you task will depend on the extent of what you are looking to achieve.

If you are just looking to prevent DDE price updating, making your sheet lighter:

Then from Workbook_Open method, comment out "AddDDE" call. The updates will not be triggered.

'AddDDE

If you are looking to remove ASK BID LAST columns from the sheet completely:

Then after you remove the columns, the remaining columns will shift, and you will need to update every reference within sheet code to the new valid coordinates, shifting by the removed columns, in your case it may be by 3, for example every "D" will become "A" while every "L" will become "I".

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 3 5

Hello, thank you that works, however once i click the clear status button to do new orders the DDE links reappear, maybe i need to do something in the Clear Status Sub to make it not repopulate the links?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.