Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
22 7 4 7

How to get Instruments for NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ from 2007 until today?

Hi, can anyone please help me get ALL the Instruments+RIC+Ticker that have been quoted (including existing, delisted and new added) in NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX from 2007 till today?

I'm using python Eikon API

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistoricalsymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@veyrejulien

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @veyrejulien

We do not have chain RIC codes that would hold the whole universe of an exchange and allow you to look it up on a historical date.
However, I would recommend to check the main indices like .DJI, .SPX, .IXIC and parse their constituents at a certain date. Here is a good example how you can do it.

However If you are interested in the current universe you may check RIC 0#UNIVERSE.US and it subchains. Please note, that it has no possibility of retrieving the data on a past date.

ahs.jpg (91.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22 7 4 7

Hi @marcin.bunkowski, thank you for the answer, i'll try it.

Just to understand, what do you mean with "it has no possibility of retrieving the data on a past date"?

icon clock
10 |1500

It means you can only retrieve the current universe of stocks trading on a given stock exchange. Eikon does not provide capability to retrieve the universe of stocks trading on a stock exchange as of a given date in the past.

Upvotes
36 14 12 14

Greetings Marcin

How would you use Eikon data API to get the list of RICs associated to the sub chain eg 0#NYSEPRIM.N?

Is there a way of pulling this list of subchain RIC codes with eikon API i.e. can you use the RIC 0#UNIVERSE.US to get the list of subchains as shown on the screenshot or do I need to view them in the Quote app?

Regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @armandnaude

Try with the example code:

ek.get_data('0#.UNIVERSE.US','DSPLY_NAME')

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.